Although the cemetery is located behind Lyonsville Congregational Church and shares the name, the two are entirely separate entities and the cemetery is non-denominational (i.e. not restricted to any particular or specific religious denomination, such as Congregational). It is a not-for-profit venture run by a volunteer board: The Lyonsville Cemetery Association. Everyone is welcome at Lyonsville Cemetery!
The Lyonsville Cemetery Association can be contacted at Lyonsville.firstname.lastname@example.org. Or,
6871 Joliet Rd.
Indian Head Park, IL 60525
(all meetings begin at 7:00 pm)
AVAILABILITY OF GRAVES AND PRICING
GENTLE REMINDERS ABOUT VISITING THE CEMETERY
- Do not drive off the designated roadways within the cemetery. We recognize the possibility that another vehicle could potentially block your path. Please ask the other driver to move their vehicle rather than driving around it. There are very old unmarked graves near the roadways and they can easily collapse under the weight of even the smallest car.
- Limit plantings to annuals or perennials that are not invasive or spread. Plants such as hostas spread outside the immediate gravesite where they were planted and create grounds keeping issues. The Cemetery Board has the right to remove plants and bushes that are overgrown or aggressive to the headstone and/or grave.
- The cemetery provides hoses and watering cans at the watering stations. Please make certain to turn off the water after using it and take any jugs or containers you might have brought with you as you leave.
- We ask that you do not bring flowers in vases containing water to avoid mosquito infestation.
- If you visit with a canine companion, please pick up after them.
- Benches – At this time, the Cemetery Board has decided that we are not adding additional benches to the cemetery.
- REMEMBER: Artificial flowers and other decorations are removed from the cemetery by December 1st of each year. Christmas wreaths and decorations are removed February 1st. If you wish to reuse your Christmas decorations but cannot remove them by that date, please email Lyonsville.email@example.com to make other arrangements.
To reach a member of the Cemetery Board, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If the need is urgent, please call Judy Birmingham at 630-325-3208 or Michael Belletete at 630-455-6170. Thank you.