Below is a list of some upcoming events that we will be hosting or participating in. We would love to have you join us!
For details about any of these events, contact the church office.
Summer Bible Study: Thursday evenings 7-8:30.
Here’s our schedule for the rest of the summer:
28 July 2:17-3:7 “Sending Timothy”
4 Aug 3:8-4:12 “Doing More”
11 Aug 4:13-5:3 “Jesus’ Return”
18 Aug 5:4-11 “Light & Dark”
25 Aug 5:12-17 “Instructions”
– Read the section before you come.
– Note what got your attention, what you would like to discuss, what questions you have.
At each session we will be asking:
– What are the issues within the church at Thessalonica?
– How did they address these issues?
– How are those issues similar or different than the issues at Lyonsville?
– What suggestions do the solutions at Thessalonica offer for work at Lyonsville?
– How are we being called by this letter to be the church today?
Church clean up dates
We will continue our church clean up progress.
Saturday 13 Aug., 9-noon.
Many hands make for more joyous work! There’s plenty to do, even if you need to sit while doing it.
LABYRINTH WALK—August 20 at 4:00. Take time out from your busy summer for a quiet walk.
School supplies – we will be collecting school supplies in August for a local organization (which we are still choosing). A list of supplies needed will be provided as soon as possible.
CHURCH WOMEN UNITED
Community Nurse Collection
New onesies, new receiving blankets, baby hats, bandages designed for children, and small, soft animals (e.g. Beanie Babies) are being collected.
Please bring donations to church.